[RT] R: Mystery Revealed {03}

RE. Mark and Dr. John's disciussion:
You guys are talking a lot about people always trying to sell things, or
having a vested interest in what they do and offer. This is not new,
however - indeed, the opening comment of the December issues of TASC (surely
one of our most respected mags?) has its own comment and deploration of this
kind of thing.  Here is a snip:

"In the real world, a trader, whether novice or professional, enters a
competitive realm where thousands of others actually seek his harm or, at
least, his money. Events drive traders back and forth in a random, chaotic
frenzy from which an "orderely" market discerns instantaneous value on a
more or less continuous basis, depending of who is calling in orders at the
moment. You are no more in control of this that you are of the weather."
    "Do experienced traders have a responsibility to point this out to
novices? I think they do. How about a letter to the editor of a local
newspaper that runs ads like this? How about speaking up online in chat
groups? How about asking for documentation of outrageous claims? And don't
be deterred by the few who survive and thrive. Those who lost their shirts
just aren't speaking up as loudly."
Take a look.
Best
Gram.