[RT] Re: Orchestrated Marketing Scheme {02}

At 9:04 AM -0600 12/6/99, Mark Brown wrote:

>I  have  come to the conclusion that most everything that is published
>is  a carefully orchestrated marketing scheme of some type or another.
>Hard  to believe isn't it? Well prove me wrong someone, show me a Real
>Trader  who  has  a track record that's independently audited and then
>show  me  someone  who's  selling  that  knowledge in books, tapes and
>seminars.
>
>Remember  the  key word is independently audited, no Futures Truth and
>other  reporting  serves like that do not qualify. They do not qualify
>because they advertise and have an interest in the products they claim
>to audit. Good luck on the slippery slope of hope to finding the truth
>in this business.

It seems obvious to me that this has to be true. If you had a
surefire way to make money in the markets, why would you sell it at
any price?

OK - perhaps a developer of a system/methodology for trading stocks
or mutual funds might not have the capital to trade it and might want
to sell a few copies to raise capital. But since trading futures or
options requires so little capital, even this excuse disappears.

And I hear that some people cannot take the pressure of trading.
Perhaps, but they could easily find a partner who can.

It always amazes me that I get so many direct mail pieces trying to
sell me ways to make me rich...an oxymoron.

Bob Fulks