[RT] Investor Psychology..... {01}

This weekly survey is useful from a contrary perspective....(posted by Jim
Pilliod)

***************
http://lowrisk.com/sentiment-hist.htm

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment
survey. The survey was taken from 11/22 through 11/28 on the
Lowrisk.com web site.

Number of participants: 573

30 day outlook:

44% bullish,  54% previous week
36% bearish,  17% previous week
21% neutral,  29% previous week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the Dow closing value on Friday, 11/26: 11,050 (it
was 10,972 last week). More complete sentiment data is available at:
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm>. Historical sentiment data is
available at: <http://lowrisk.com/sentiment-hist.htm>.

Investors grew less bullish last week. Bullish sentiment dropped 10%
to 44%, while bearish sentiment jumped from 17% to 36%. The neutral
camp dropped from 29% to 21%. This was a pretty large shift towards
the bears in a week where the Dow was essentially flat...it fell all
of 14 points for the week. Of course, the previous week's bullish
level was near extreme at 54%. Maintaining that type of bullish
enthusiasm usually requires a strong rally. So the drop in bulls is
understandable given the flat performance of the Dow. But the big
jump in bears (almost doubling!) is surprising and leaves us
wondering if the bears might be getting a little too enthusiastic a
little too soon.

Please stop by and put in your opinion on the market...the more
participation we get, the better our sentiment data. Please stop by
to take part in this week's survey at:
<http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm>.