[RT] (Fwd) My latest assessment of Y2K {01}

From:           	"Ed Yardeni" <yardeni@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:             	<econews@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:        	My latest assessment of Y2K
Date sent:      	Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:08:25 -0500
Send reply to:  	econews@xxxxxxxxxxx

I seem to have confused a few reporters recently about my stance on Y2K.
On November 29, the Dow Jones Newswire posted a story headlined,
"Yardeni
Turns Upbeat About Effects of Y2K." It was based on a short e-mail I sent
on Sunday evening to my Yardeni.com mailing lists with links to my latest
commentary in which I said I was getting into the holiday spirit and
feeling more optimistic about the future beyond the Year 2000 Problem.
I've always been optimistic about the future BEYOND Y2K! Hey, I did have a
happy childhood.

I promised in my last e-mail message to update my views on Y2K. My latest
YEAR 2000 REPORTER titled "Final Answer?" is now posted at
www.yardeni.com/y2kreporter.html.

Dr. Ed