Re: GEN free isp

For some reason this message did not go through to Mr. Szilassy.
             Re: GEN: free backup ISP
        Date:
             Tue, 29 Dec 1998 22:42:42 -0500
       From:
             "U.Stuart Auslander, NYC"
<u.stuart-auslander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
         To:
             Szilassy <szilassy@xxxxxxx>

I found the add so irritating I removed the program from my main machine
and put it on machine
which is networked on the same desk with machine one.  I have not used
it enough to answer your
questions.  It is easy to remove the program using the add remove
programs icon in settings of of the
start button.  Try it using it and see.  I will experiment with the
other free ISP mentioned in response
to your posted note.    http://www.bemore.com/

Were there any others I did not notice.  A lot of people in my computer
club would be interested in
free sources.

Regards, Stuart

Szilassy wrote:

   Thanks for the site address and the feedback Stuart.  If you have a
spare minute I would like to know - beyond
  being intrusive, do the banner ads slow you down very much?  Typically
I have 5-6 windows open at the same
  time, one of them Realtick3, a continuously updating quote, charting
and order entry software.  RT3 uses an
  unbelievable amount of bandwidth, which my current ISP handles hands
down.  My one real concern is that
  netzero may have an appropriate name (i.e. in terms of its value to
me) if it's slower than molasses.  In such a
  case, it's not worth investing the time to download and experiment -
I'd rather just pay for a backup... too much
  rides on having a reliable and quick provider. Thanks again,  Paul
Szilassy