Re: Internet service?

>In your post you mention speedy downloads, does this mean that the cable
>modem cannot handle traffic the other way? i.e. from my computer to the
>internet? Specifically could this be used for trading as well as
>retrieving info.?

Ketayun, I have a cable modem as well and I highly recommend it.  If your
cable company is offering cable internet access at all, I guarantee you
their system is offering "two way traffic."  I don't know of any cable
providers (Cablevision, MediaOne, Roadrunner, etc.) that offer downloads
only.

The data flow direction is still an issue with a lot of satellite internet
connections, however.  You're still required to have a phone modem and your
upload speed will still be very slow.  As far as I'm concerned, cable modems
leave satellite connections in the dust.

Bruce