MKT: sentiment - lots more bears

                LOWRISK.COM

         INVESTOR SENTIMENT SURVEY

                 12 / 21 / 98

     brought to you by Investormap.com
the biggest directory of investing sites on the net.
         http://www.investormap.com

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment
survey. The survey was taken from 12/14 through 12/20 on the Lowrisk
.com web site.

Number of participants: 393

30 day outlook:

41% bullish,  47% last week
36% bearish,  18% last week
23% neutral,  35% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Thursday, 12/24: 8850 (it
was 8999 last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

Bullish sentiment dropped from 47% to 41% this week, while bearish
sentiment *doubled* from 18% to 36%. With the DJIA closing up 82
points for the week, this shift looks bullish for the market.
However, the 5 week moving average of bullish sentiment is still
quite high at 51%, so we don't want to get too excited about this
week's data just yet.

Please stop by to take part in this weeks survey at:

http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm

good trading,
Jeff Walker