Current events.

What this has to do with trading is this. When the Republicans
lose control of the House and the Senate in 2000, the Reagan
tax regime will be dismantled by the incoming Democratic
President. You will see a real difference in your income,
company profits will no longer increase their share of GDP, with
significant effects on the markets, and organised labour will revive.
All this is in the process of happening in Europe right now.
Seems relevant to me.

As to foreign opinion, I have already posted the leader from the
London 'Times', showing clearly enough informed opinion in
Britain, where I live. My friends in Germany and France suggest
that opinion is much the same there.