Re: Wheat/Corn Spread

Bob,

I treat spreads the same as individual contracts.  Chart it and whip an
indicator on it.  The SMI is a double smoothed indicator that takes the
whiplash out of the market.  I've been waiting for this spread to set up
since October.   I live in the middle of the largest yielding wheat acerage
in the country (the Palouse) and could tell you horror stories about wicked
bankers, refusing to loan money to 30 year customers,  triggering large
reductions in planted acerage...but, I'm not buying until my indicators
turn up.

Steve Karnish
CCT

----------
> From: RMartin198@xxxxxxx
> To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Wheat/Corn Spread
> Date: Wednesday, December 16, 1998 11:33 AM
>
> curious if anyone has opinion March Wheat to March Corn Spread.
>
> Currently trading around 54 cents off its low of 48 cents and looks to us
as
> if it may have 65/70 cents potential.  Russian Aid Package on wheat,
farmer
> year end selling of corn, etc....
>
> Appreciate any comments
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob Martin
> Trade Center Inc
Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\wheatcorn.gif"