Re: GEN Real-time Internet vs Satellite/Cable

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: GEN Real-time Internet vs Satellite/Cable
  • From: swp <swp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 19:51:34 -0500 (EST)

See Gary Bodnar's post in reply to my similar question from this
morning. I had contacted these guys and tried to get them to call me
(they are in England) and they would only deal via email. Also, I need
international stuff, and they told me they carried markets that their
website did not say that they had.

I used to use Aspen Graphics when I worked at Deutsche Bank
(http://www.aspenres.com). Their package is pretty good, but there is
little customizeability with it. I know you like to do a lot of work
with ensign, and I dont know that Aspen is right for you. You can do
formulas, but no systems work is possible. They deliver their system via
the net using an S&P Comstock feed. The good thing about Aspen is that
they have their own historical data, offer adjusted rollover contracts
and if you go down for a period of time, you can retrieve the data
directly from Aspen.
The cost is $150/mo for Aspen and I believe $175/mo for Comstock on the
net.

Aspen also offers a Windows-NT based system that is $195/mo that works
with other data feeds and requires dedicated phone lines.

I spoke with futuresource today too. Their package on the net is
useless. They deliver via cable, but the salesman told me it was not at
all reliable. Their phone line based packages would run a minimum of
about $525-550 per month including a basic charting system. You can also
use them to feed a more advanced package (about $200/mo more) or
Tradestation.

CQG does not offer anything over the net, though they plan to in the
future. It is about $650/mo. Prophet data also has something, though I
know nothing about them (check Yahoo, technical analysis I believe. I
dont remember their URL.

Steve Poser

--
Steven W. Poser, President