Fwd: data feed:BMI

In a message dated 98-12-03 14:30:31 EST, tsbmi@xxxxxxx writes:

<< The index symbols SPX and TICK are valid index symbols.  If you are using
 MarketCenter for DOS, enter SPX and TICK in the symbol column.  In the
 market column enter IND.  If you are using MarketCenter Platinum Edition,
 enter $SPX and $TICK in the symbol column.  If you are using any third party
 software program, please consult with that program's support group for
 assistance.   >>

In other words they are claiming this is a problem Omega has created.
Mystified as to how this could be so.  Will make phone calls later.  If anyone
has info sooner, would appreciate it.

Dave
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 11:23:28 -0800
From: TSBMI <tsbmi@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: data feed
To: "'Austowne@xxxxxxx'" <Austowne@xxxxxxx>
CC: TSBMI <tsbmi@xxxxxxx>

Dear Mr. Austin,

The index symbols SPX and TICK are valid index symbols.  If you are using
MarketCenter for DOS, enter SPX and TICK in the symbol column.  In the
market column enter IND.  If you are using MarketCenter Platinum Edition,
enter $SPX and $TICK in the symbol column.  If you are using any third party
software program, please consult with that program's support group for
assistance.

Due to the recent changes on our datafeed, there were a number of changes to
the indices we broadcast.  A revised list of index symbols is on our web
site at:

http://www.dbc.com/bulletin/NewBMIIndex.htm

Earlier today, due to some problems at the CBOT as well as problems
internally in our network we had problems broadcasting indices.  The symbol
SPX was affected by problems at the CBOT while problems the symbol TICK were
caused by problems on our end. At this time all indices are updating.

Thank you,
Jeff Wald - BMI Technical Support