Gen: Losing Psychology.

RT's,

I have not read Elders Book but tend to agree with Ramon about the positive
decision making process.

Some years ago the book Psycho-Cybernetics was very popular and although I
never read it at the time, I actually inherited a copy of it. After reading
it, it made sense to me that you can, to some extent, program your
subconscious mind to work for you by envisioning yourself doing and
succeeding at what ever you have in mind.

I have always thought that there is a fine line between so called "positive
thinking" and self delusion. However, the way we learn is often a process of
envisioning ourselves doing something and then actually practicing doing
that until we have the confidence that we can do it. So I don't see this
kind of rehearsal as self delusion if done properly and completely. Meaning
that it must be done with the follow up planning, study, practice and the
actual gaining of experience.

Seeing oneself as being able to be successful should not IMHO prevent a
person from seeing the business as something that must be carefully done in
order to be successful. That may mean to many that they should think of an
individual trade as a loser until it proves to be a winner.

I cant believe that for example a quarter-back going into a football game
would be helped by saying "I am a loser".

Brent