Re: Where am I on the chat channel.

TheGonch writes:
> A.J. Carisse wrote:
> >

> > I dropped in for a few minutes a while back to check this out - it's a fine
> > idea, but unfortunately is a complete zoo with that many users, and I kept
> > getting hit with private stuff - some of it was even in French -  which was an
> > real annoyance.

> It is possible in IRC to make yourself 'invisible' to people outside
> the chat room, which eliminates the 'to all' messages that you find so
> bothersome. On the mIRC Setup Dialog Box, click on the box 'invisible
> mode'.

For other, more bare-metal clients (i.e. irc, ircII, on unix),
"/umode your_nickname +i" does the equivalent.

I think mIRC and its ilk will also honor this command.

--
NT Airline: Everyone marches out on the runway, says the password in
unison, and forms the outline of an airplane. Then they all sit down