GEN: S7 sponsors?

All, I'm a programmer at a firm specializing in financial software.
Since I'm involved in the online investment side, I'm currently in a
training class for the Series 7.  (And doing well, thank you.  ;-) I'm
taking the class to augment my primarily back-office experience, and
that we have more people who have a deeper understanding and knowledge
of the industry in order that we write better and more correct software.

My firm, not being a trading firm, is not NASD registered.  As such,
they cannot sponsor me for the actual Series 7 test.

Would anyone happen to know where I might go about getting a sponsor?
(Or is that sort of thing even legal?)

I'd very much appreciate any pointers or leads you can pass my way.  (in
private, please; I'm sure no one else much cares about this so no need
to bore them with it.)

Thanks!

--
Happiness is the planet Earth in your rear view mirror
http://www.unixgeek.com/cgi-bin/motd.pl - PGP email preferred