MKT: sentiment - neutral

                LOWRISK.COM

         INVESTOR SENTIMENT SURVEY

                 11 / 16 / 98

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey. The
survey was taken from 11/8 through 11/15 on our web site.

Number of participants: 398

30 day outlook:

45% bullish,  50% last week
29% bearish,  35% last week
26% neutral,  15% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 11/20: 8940 (it was 8865
last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

Bullish and bearish sentiment both dropped this week. The bulls gave up 5%
and the bears dropped 6%. This left the gains to the neutral camp, which
jumped 11% to 26%. Last week was a choppy trading week with a slight
downward bias. It is difficult to read too much into the sentiment data
this week. However, given the huge rally in the last month, the fact that
the bullish reading are less than extreme makes us think there is still
room for more rally. Finally, we do look at high neutral readings as a
possible indicator that a large move is imminent.

This report is brought to you by InvestorMap.com, the world's most
comprehensive directory of investing and financial sites. Over 3,000 links
(with descriptions) in more than 100 categories! And don't miss our FREE
newsletter - it will keep you on top of all the newest and best investing
resources on the net.

http://www.investormap.com

To try this week's contest, stop by: http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm
More sentiment data is at: http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm