Re: Subject: DM/LH

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Subject: DM/LH
  • From: Clyde Lee <clydelee@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 01:08:56 -0500 (EST)

David,

Thanks for the credit.

The "number of bars" used in Fourier is important in that
over this period in the last portion of the data set a
least squares trend line is calculated and subtracted
from the data before the line by line analysis is done.

After the peaks in the spectrum are determined (as shown
in the printout) then the determined "trend" is continued
and the determined spectral components (the sinusoidal
lines at the bottom) are added to come up with the final
projection.

For projection purposes (and not for beauty) try entering
a negative number equal to one less than the number of
bars in the loaded data (shown on the right hand side of
the chart) and just hit enter and let it run.

We never know exactly what is the length of the longest
component in a data set and this is a way of getting
a better idea of what longer term projections are good.

Again thanks.

Clyde

--
Clyde Lee   Chairman/CEO        (Home of SwingMachine)
SYTECH Corporation              email:   <clydelee@xxxxxxx>