Re: Stocks vs Commodities -Reply

Echo what Joe says.  If you are buying v writing, the time premium
works against you.  By going deeper in the money you pay less time
premium but the volume is lower so there is less liquidity.  Before going
deep in the money I always check the trading activity at my target strike
price to comfort that I will be able to sell later.

>>> Joe Frabosilio <joe6964@xxxxxxxx> 12/31/97 12:40pm >>>
Hi Brent,

When I first started buy options, I bought out of the money.  They were
cheap and I could buy 10 contracts.  THIS IS A BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!  My
luck was not 90% of the time a loss it was 100% of the time.  It wasn't
until I started buying deep in the money that I started making money. At
the money was fair for me.  In the money and being able to buy the
spread is where it is at.

Happy New Year
Joe Frabosilio

Brent Aston wrote:

> RT's,   I've heard tht about 90% of all options purchased out of the
momey
> expire worhtless. Can anyone confirm/disprove this with market
statistics?

> Brent
>
> ----------
> > From: THE DOCTOR <droex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Subject: Re: Stocks vs Commodities
> > Date: Tuesday, December 30, 1997 9:38 PM
> >
> > David,
> >

> > Just so you know 30% of options expire worthless and over 60% of
option
> > traders, when asked, consider themselves successful.  Your post
just
> > repeats some common pieces of misinformation.
> >
> > Additionally if 90 % of something happened all the time the world
would
> > evolve and the losers would eventually die out.
> >
> > For the last 12 calander quarters buyers of options have faired better
> > than sellers in 10 of the 12.
> >
> > The CBOE and OCC both print markey statistics books every year.
They