Re: Right price for buying calls and puts...

At the money puts and calls usually have a delta of 50 or -50 (puts). Delta
increases as the contract moves toward and then into in-the-money. The
deeper the contract is in-the-money, the greater (higher) the delta. Time
also has an effect on the delta as the option approaches expiration but I
don't believe that was the issue here.

Regards,

Tom Alexander