Re: Orders to Brokers

Phil wrote:

>      I would like some comments on how to give orders for futures and
> options to a broker from the situations below!

To Phil and other novices,

Before doing another trade, please purchase/borrow "Commodity Trading
Manual" by Chicago Board of Trade. In addition to chapters detailing
specifics on all contracts they have, it has chapters on regulations,
types of orders, the customer and the commission house,etc. Read ALL
chapters which are not specific to a particular commoditiy. Keep the
others for reference to know the exact contract specs. at the time of
trading and even verify those with your broker.

When you have finished the book, consider enroling in a floor trading
workshop at your nearest exchange. Preferably the same course that would
be required to trade in the pit. At the Montreal Exchange where I trade
the course is only something like $400 canadian. Probably much cheaper
than one error you might make the hard way.
THE QUESTIONS YOU ASKED ARE NOT STUPID, BUT IF YOU HAD TO ASK, YOU
SHOULD NOT BE TRADING YET!!!!

Rob:)