Re: Forex , FX , Currency Trading, Interbank Currency Trading

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Forex , FX , Currency Trading, Interbank Currency Trading
  • From: "Paul F. Arutt" <tickertp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 09:58:11 -0800 (PST)

Larry: I'm very worried when I see low minimums for FOREX. Ususal minimum $$
for a trade where the spreads won't kill you is $250m, so you'd need $25m or
so on deposit with a reputable bank or dealer. Problem or advantage
(depending on where you stand) is that much of FOREX is a gray area under
CFTC/NFA regulations, so while you have more freedom, you have no protection
as to wording of contracts, enforcement, commissions, etc.  Bank Julius Baer
has interesting site (www.juliusbaer.com), as does Credit Suisse.  If low $$
is a concern, I'd stick to futures or options here in US.   PAUL