MKT: sentiment - mixed

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey. The survey
was taken from 12/22 through 12/28 on our web site.

Number of participants: 331

30 day outlook:

48% bullish,  45% last week
26% bearish,  17% last week
26% neutral,  37% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 1/2: 7844   (it was 7980 last
week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

Both the bulls and bears gained ground this week as neutral sentiment fell from
37% to 26%. The bulls picked up 3% and the bears gains 11%. With the bearish
tone in last weeks markets, we are a bit surprised to see the bulls gaining any
ground at all. We read this as a negative for the market, though it is mitigated
by the large increase in bears. Looks like it could be a mixed week.

To try this week's contest, stop by: http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm
More sentiment data is at: http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm

regards,
Jeff Walker