Re: GEN Analysis

A couple of observations to add to yours.
There is a gentleman who plays the January bounce every year. But it
actually begins in November. (Since many mutual funds fiscal year ends
October 31.) His basic criteria is to pick a stock that has had good
earnings growth over the last few years, has lost equity value by more
than 20% and Value line gives it a 1 for timeliness. As far as I know
the stocks that he suggested this year have not done so well. (I think
he did 21% last year with this method.)

So in a nutshell the "Value" stocks for the January bounce were fewer to
chose from and didn't fair as well.

I do think the momentum players will play the tech stocks but I think
that these guys are not going to hang around for too long. With the
earnings season coming soon and the Asia crisis still ahead I think bad
news will push us lower.

Harley