Re: Other Number Ratio Series (Other than Fibonacci)

Lynn wrote:
>You may or may not be joking but there is a popular series called the
Lewis
>series that offers good logic and application.  Start with 3+4=7, add
the
>previous number which is 4 to the result (7) =11 (and keep repeating
the
>process as you do with fibonacci) +7=18+11=29 etc.
>Lynn

Dear Lynn,

The number series you refer to is the Lucas series (not Lewis). Bryce
Gilmore covers this series in his book "Geometry of Markets". I have not
seen references in any other books about this series. Incidentally, this
series is also related by the ratio of 0.618 between adjacent numbers.
More fodder for all those Fib threads going on ? Also, I recall having
read in "Traders World" several issues ago, an article debunking the
golden ratio stating that all summation  series would be related by
.618. Any comments ?
Dr.Narayan.