Jeff Coopers DI -Reply

Greg-

This is Welles Wilder's concept.  First, you must calculate TRUE RANGE
which is the largest of the following:

   1.  today's high less today's low
   2.  today's high less yesterday's close
   3.  today's low less yesterday's close
TRUE RANGE is always a positve number.

Next, you must calculate DIRECTIONAL MOVEMENT.  This is a two step
procedure.  Positive directional movement (+DM) is the difference
between today's high and yesterday's high.  Negative directional
movement (-DM)  is the difference between today's low and yesterday's
low.

Now to get +DI = +DM / TRUE RANGE and -DI = -DM / TRUE RANGE.

Wilder suggests making these calculations for 14 days and taking the
average.

Steve

>>> GJB21 <GJB21@xxxxxxx> 12/21/97 08:53am >>>
Does anyone know what the formula is for the +DI/-DI indicator
that Jeff Cooper uses and writes about in his book "Hit and Run"?

I am currently using Supercharts end of day and I would like to study
it's effectiveness.

Thanks,
Greg B.