RE: Dynamic Moving Averages

Tim,
I believe one of Omega's programs ( trade station or system writer ) has a variable speed moving average.  It sounds like a great idea but in reality doesn't live up to expectations.  In my opinion, unless you can stomach some hefty draw downs, moving averages are best used as a screen ( to take only the long trades or only the short trades ) for some other indicator or system.  Can you be more specific about your intended use for such an average?

All the Best!
Bill