MKT: sentiment - bulls/bears even

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey.
The survey was taken from 10/20 thru 10/26 on our web site. If you
would like to participate in this weeks survey/contest, stop by
<http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm> .

Number of participants: 355

30 day outlook:

40% bullish,  33% last week
40% bearish,  29% last week
20% neutral,  38% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 10/31: 7847   (it
was 7994 last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

Bulls and bears were dead even this week at 40%. Last week's very high
neutral sentiment reading of 38%   dropped down to 20%. Apparently,
quite a few people who were sitting on the fence made up their minds
last week. But with very volatile market conditions last week, this
week's sentiment numbers just don't give us much of a clue about where
things are headed this week.

Winners of our weekly "Guess the Dow" contest receive a complimentary
quarters subscription to the RBI Trader's Weekly. If you would like to
try this weeks "Guess the Dow" contest, stop by our site at:
<http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm> .

regards,
Jeff Walker
jwalker@xxxxxxxxxxx