From: telerate
To: RealTraders Discussion Group
Subject: Re: Fw: Murrey Math Offers Daily Lessons Free:
Date: Thursday, 04 September, 1997 19:20PM

To all RT'rs:

I wish to apologize for sending this responce, and wasting your time
with 'non-trading' comments.
However, as a parent of two high school students, I wanted to make my
feelings known.  I thank you in advance for your patience.

TO Mr. Murrey,

I feel I must respond to your earlier post to solicite Jr. High and High
School students.

First, you say your daily lessons are 'free' ... but then you ask the
'independent children' (your words) to send you a 20 dollar bill.

> > Murrey Math Offers Daily Lessons Free to Junior High,
> >
> > High School and College students who provide a picture
> > (College I.D.) class schedule (this current quarter) and
> > $ 20.00 to prcocess you into the computer.

Next.... Just how many parents do you feel would be comfortable knowing
that their kids were sending their pictures and schedules to a TOTAL
STRANGER?  You want to bet I'm not one of them?  You then go on to say
'no parents please'??????

> > (no parents please) I want only independent children who
> > don't need their parents to run their lives about simple
> > things (we must teach them to leave the nest with money
> > in their pockets or Murrey math in their brains).

ALSO:
Since when is trading commodities and futrues a 'SIMPLE' thing????? I've
spent the better part of a year..(almost full time) learnig the natures
of various markets. Simple? yeh right. I'm still in kindergarten.
And another thing... when do you propose my kids take time to learn the
futures and commodities business? I thought their first responsibility
was their studies... you know - graduating from high school. In MY
household, it is. Wether you feel I'm interfeering in there lives or
not.

Also, since you explicitly stated you don't want any 'parental
involvement', where do you propose they get the money to open a margin
account?  You?  Who, (since the Jr High and High School kids are minors
and are underage) will these margin acounts be opend under?  (My son
Scott is a 15 year old sophomore in high school.) I guarantee you  that
it would be THE PARENTS who would have to answer for any margin calls.
You probably then would respond that they would be just 'learning'.
OK... who then will pay for the computers, internet access/data uplinks
to track the market??? Who pays for the phone lines/faxe machienes for
you 'lessons'?  The uninvited parents?  You might then say they don't
need to track the various markets?  OK... how many responsible brokers
will work with 'children' WITHOUT their parent's involvement? (Let alone
with it) just to paper trade?????

And besides, JUST HOW MANY 'children' do you think track this forum?

Many other thoughts run through my mind here, but I think you get my
drift.

I try to keep an open mind when it comes to learning various trading
menthods, but Sir, you just unzipped your fly with your earlier
solicitation/post ... regarding your methods and intent.  Anybody who
would attempt to go around a parent to get at one of their children (no
matter what is being taught OR sold) ... has lost ALL RESPECT AND
VALIDITY in my eyes.  As for your offer, I AND my son will pass on it.
That's not my son's decision... but mine and his mother's.. You know,
the ones legally and morally responsible for him.

Again, thanks to all other RT'rs for putting up with my comments.

Regards,
Ryan Garrett