RE: Murrey Math Trading Template

Someone like Mr Murrey is bound to get some people upset.  He may even get a
lot of people upset.  Many will just write him off as a colourful excentric.
But there must be some - if ony a very tiny percentage of people -  who have
derived  benefit from his postings.  Afterall, there is usually a glimmer of
something in everything and just seeing how those on a different plane to us
act and re-act can have some benefit.

As far as I can make out, he has never sought to sell whatever it is that he
sells, on this forum.  He is not continually posting his predictions or
ramming the summation of lines or dates on a chart down our throats.  He is
not constantly writing stuff for us in the hope we'll fork up for his
newsletter, join his club or whatever.  So why do people get so hot under the
collar, I wonder?

Is it out of jealousy?  Is it out of scorn?  Is it the waste of time - reading
rather than deleting?  Is it that we just don't understand what he's on about?
 Is it that those in the prediction business - and especially those that sell
services/systems - regard Mr Murrey as a competitor, who might occasionally,
like them, be right?
After all, he does seem to be original rather than piggying a back on someone
else.  He is obviously well-read and clearly not a lunatic - literally and
otherwise!   The fact that he has put his head up above the crowd means that
he asking for it to be shot at - but by whom and with what motive?  And to
what effect?

Each of us will have our own way of benefitting from this forum.  The vast
majority are silent and most of us,   I suspect, scan through the headers
looking for topics of interest and clicking on those first - leaving some
unread for ages and deleting others on sight.  Those who have subscribed to RT
for some while must, surely, have spotted those that actually trade and want
to help others and be helped themselves, as opposed to those who just want to
air their views in the hope of picking up business.

The great value of RT is that individuals can make the decision over what they
read and that, I hope you'll agree, is much better than other individuals
trying to influence the subject matters that are posted.  The only concrete
rule the moderators have made is not having advertising and, despite some,
most have abided by it. Walt Downs had it in one when he said he thought
'silence' was the most practical way of dealing with such situations.  So, let
us accord Mr Murrey some silence and, who knows, perhaps one or two other
predictors with 'gismoes' to sell will take the hint and also be silent.

Now then, has anyone read a good book lately, been on a useful course, found a
worthwhile money management system, found an indicator that works in...

Patiently,

Bill Eykyn

E&OE