GEN: Astrology and Trading

     Realtraders,

     By definition, astrology is the influence of extra-terrestrial events on
terrestrial events.  We all experience the influence of the sun on our lives.
The world around us is more cheerful and cooperative
on a bright, spring day.  Health scientists are exploring
the effects of circadian rhythms, one drug even times
its release for the early morning hours, when many
heart attacks occur. If you know any police, or
emergency room personnel, ask them which night to
expect the lunatics; odds are the 'full moon' will be the
reply.  Lunacy, the root of the word relates to the
moon.  The influences of the 'lights', Sun and Moon,
affect us daily, and are readily apparent.
     What may not be apparent are the influences
of the other heavenly bodies, the planets proper;
which at pre-determined points in time can also
influence our playing field, the markets.  Fortunately,
the cosmic play set in motion will never repeat.
The results are non-reproducible.
This is analagous to the markets, which never seem
to act the same way.  They always come back just
a little, if not a lot, differently.  Just as traders learn
to adapt the indicator, a new script is written.  It's
always a chore searching for the next indicator.
     There may be more than a few Nature's Pulse
owners on this forum, and the program is very
useful projecting dynamic cycles; the energy points
projected accurately call the day to be on guard,
more often than not.  What is intriguing is the frequency of the program's
projections falling on
an astrological projection.  The cosmic plan must
include a dynamic cycle interplay of the planets.
     If knowing the day to watch for a change in trend
is not enough, there may, on occasion, be clues as
to the resultant direction taken by the tradeable.
For instance, 8/12/97 was a projected energy point
for Oats, a very strong up day, breaking out of a
triangular formation, as it turned out.
     At work the morning of the 13'th, some fellow employees were
breakfasting on, oatmeal.  A very
unusual event, interpreted as a peak in consumption.
     An anecdotal interpretation, yet, how often do we
base our trading decisions emotionally on the fearful,
or greedy, prognostications of the experts?  If they
were all right, all the time, there would be no free
markets; the prices would never change.
     Is astrology a viable basis for basing trading decisions?  If you have
been on Realtrader's forum
long, you've seen some interesting calls by Norman
Winski, our resident astrologer.  8/13/97 for the
T-Bonds most recently.  No trading methodology is
100% accurate, but the violation of price found on
an energy point day does clue one as to when to
change position, vis-a-vis long or short the tradeable.
And, NW trades with astrology.  It is viable for him,
as well as others.  An open mind seems crucial for
entertaining the idea of laying money down pursuant
to prognostications based on the most ancient of arts.
     There are many ways to trade using astrology.
Long term position taking, intra-day s&p trading,
short term cycles in the grains, silver trades based
on the phase of the moon, birth charts of individual
stocks; perhaps just being aware when a change in
trend is possible, in order to adjust your stops.
Possibly some aspect of astrology would enhance
your trading rules, or even philosophy.
     I, personally, have no fiduciary interest in anything
to do with anything; request any questions be directed
to a full-fledged astrologer.  Hopefully, the scoffers
will have deleted this message allready, and will remain full in numbers.

       "Food for Thought"

       Rory Lewellen         RL2946@xxxxxxx