MKT: sentiment - lots of bears

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey.
The survey was taken from 8/3 thru 8/10 on our web site. If you would
like to participate in this weeks survey/contest, stop by
<http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm> .

30 day outlook:

32% bullish,  66% last week
34% bearish,  11% last week
34% neutral,  23% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Average guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 7/25: 8091   (it
was 8241 last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

This week's sentiment numbers took a very strong bearish turn. In
fact, this is the first time in our 14 week history were the bearish
reading was higher than the bullish reading. The bulls dropped from
66% to 32%, while the bears jumped from 11% to 34%. Neutral sentiment
rose 11% to 34%. Last weeks bullish reading was the highest ever at
66%, while this weeks bullish reading is the second lowest yet
recorded on "Guess the Dow". Last weeks reading of 11% for the bears
was our lowest reading to date. As we mentioned last week, the
preponderance of bullishness left us feeling very cautious, and the
market did take quite a swoon late last week.

This weeks dramatic swing towards bearishness is understandable, given
last weeks selloff. But with the sentiment numbers swinging so
dramatically, we are looking for some bounce back this week.

We now have three sponsors for our contest this week. Weekly winners
will now receive a two month subscription to the Early Bird Club at
the Short Term Stock Selector AND a one year subscription to The Blue
Star List AND a one year subscription to Jack's Picks.

If you would like to try this weeks "Guess the Dow" contest, stop by
our site at: <http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm> .

regards,
Jeff Walker
mailto:jwalker@xxxxxxxxxxx