Market 8/6

As the Dow and S&P move up to the top of this trading channel, we've been in
since 7/1 or 7/2, it is again time for a test of market endurance.

I wouldn't get out of equity funds until a good break of the lower channel
trendline, but we're approaching this upper line a little differently than
before.  I've got my TRIN level at .86, somewhat bearish, not quite
overbought, but the most bearish TRIN since mid June.

>From an Elliott view, regardless of where anyone thinks we are, the type of
pattern from last Friday is not usually the most positive.  After a very
quick intraday drop on Friday on the Dow and S&P, it has taken us over three
days to get back to where we were.  The S&P is doing a little better in this
regard, but still, in an uptrending market  I like to see the strong days
that cover lots of ground, go up, not down, and the weak, indifferent days,
trending down, not up as we have here .

My fingers are crossed on this one.  It would be disappointing to see us
stall out at the upper trendline again. If that happens, I think we might go
to the other side of the channel for a test of the lower trendline.

Comments?

PJLaird