Re: TAX: trader status

Conrad wrote:

>Has anyone had good or bad experiences with claiming trader status
>(i.e., calling the trading a business).
>
>Besides being employed fulltime in a scientific field, I am a small
>futures trader, end-of-day but fairly short holding times (1-4 weeks on
>average?).  I spend a lot of time on it, and have done some system work
<snip>

Conrad,

Better check with Tesser or some other qualified
investment CTA.

I think that in order to claim trader status, it has to
be your MAIN occupation.

In other words, if you are not carrying a live data
feed, placing multiple daily (or at least weekly) trades,
and don't spend the majority of the day trading, I think
you might have some problems.

Walt Downs
CIS Trading