Re: NewsMonitor in Omega for gov't reports and gen news?

Steve Schnake wrote:

> Troy,
> You might try a workspace for BTC news, unfiltered. They have most of the
> important reports, not as fast as FWN, but its free. Plus , they update a
> number of financials and spot futures realtime "snapshot" every 15 minutes
> beginning at :08 after the hour.
> Steve
>
> ----------
> > From: Mr. Troy Kelley <tkelley@xxxxxxx>
> > To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Subject: GEN: NewsMonitor in Omega for gov't reports and gen news?
> > Date: Friday, August 01, 1997 5:41 PM
> >
> > Traders
> >
> > Could someone out there please tell me how to use the NewsMonitor in
> > the Omega/BMI products to get general news of the day. I was totally
> > unaware of todays gov't report that sent the market into a tumble.
> > What is a good filter to use? Is there one specifically for gov't
> reports?
> > I use the NYSE filter now, but it doesn't tell me about any gov't
> reports.
> >
> > Troy
hi,
if you use fwn....get the financial and it will give you
1)NEXT WEEKS U.S.ECONOMIC REPORTS &AND FORECASTS PREVIEW
2)NEXT WEEKS APPEARANCES BY U.S.FED, TREASURY OFFICIALS
they both give you the time of the report and the time of the official.
the financial will also give you the last figures reported and the
consensus estimate on this coming indicator...
if you don't get fwn financials i don't think you will get it...
a watered down version of the above is in barrons.PREVIEW I USE IT FOR
AUCTION DATES
on friday ..it came thru at 12:25:00   and 15:37:00 so if you didn't see
it at those times, you probably don't get it......
good luck
rich t
ps: normaly i print out this weeks reports and fill in the blanks as the
events happen, i also underline mr greenspan's appearences.