GEN: W8 form.. be careful.

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: GEN: W8 form.. be careful.
  • From: Troy Kelley <tkelley@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 21:39:32 -0700 (PDT)

Traders..

I found out recently that 5 grand was missing out of a 20 grand stock
account that I trade off of. My broker tracked it back to the fact that
I didn't have a W8 Tax form on file for about a month. This is true. I
actually had filled out the form wrong, and my broker when he discovered
this, sent me a new form. So I filled it out right and sent it back.
This all took about a month.. maybe longer. Well.. in that time period
the gov't took 5,000 out of my account for taxes since my W8 was not on
file. Man.. I am pissed...

This ever happened to anyone else?

Anything I can do to get the money back before I file my taxes? That is
apparently the soonest I will see that money.

Troy.