Re: Bressert's Cycle Trader

I would second the endorsement of Walter Bressert's CycleTrader, and I would
add that all the people at his firm (which in fact are his two sons and so
forth) are just really good people.  You will enjoy dealing with them,  and
they try to help you use the tool to make money.  They definitely do not walk
away from their product.  There is an upgrade coming out "any day now" which
adds a great "commentary" to the program; I've seen it in "beta" form; it's
much, much more sophisiticated than the typcial TradeStation "commentary,"
which is so bad I have heard it has been discontinued by Omega in new
versions of TS.  By the way, I guess it's obvious, you need the new TS
version 4 to use the Bressert CycleTrader upgrade.

His CycleTrader is also pretty good for other than day trading.  I say
"pretty good" because the drawdowns need to be calculated pretty carefully.
 It does, in fact, capture cycles - Geez, it's really good at that - but as
we know, cycles do not move in perfect penumbra.  In a day, when you can
watch the screen and get out of a trade if the CycleTrader goes the wrong
way, in position trading this behavior can cause you to lose the trend.
 That's the only caveat.

I use it for both (day and position) and am now experimenting with it
(tracking and checking) on big-cap stocks and on commodity/currency options.

Heck of a lot of more ways to give away $795 and get nothing.  I doubt you
will be disappointed with CycleTrader.

Good luck.

Larry