Re: stocks: short sells

THE DOCTOR wrote:

> especially careful about attempting to circumvent the rules...such as
> having the long and short in two separate firms.  There is a huge
> difference between civil fraud and criminal fraud.

Can you describe what is wrong with holding long XYZ and short XYZ in
different accounts? I know of no law against this.

> You can always buy a deep ITM put as a surrogate.  Avoid selling a Deep
> ITM call nakedd to attempt to replicate the short..the boys in
> Washington have figured that one out already.

Will you elaborate on what's wrong with selling deep ITM calls?

If anyone else has info on these subjects, it would be appreciated. I do
not understand why these things would be problematic.

Phil