Re: Long term trend following? Short term hit and run?

CheeVid,

There are a few reasons for the Long term Success of Trend Following
systems:

- Long Term Trend Following is a harder way to trade for our     egos.
- Short term hit & run trading is more gratifying for both      our egos
and our brokers - in the short run. It is
   therefore more appealing to most traders.
- Long Term Trend Following requires patience and       discipline.
-  Most traders - myself included - feel they must be doing    something
all the time ie trading. They tend to over trade

Jesse Livermore said he made the most money by sitting on his hands.

In trading to be successful we have to do what the crowd doesn't.  It is
easy to be short term focussed - the hardest thing is to wait and be
patient.  That is why long term trend following is so successful in the
long run.  It is also less sensitive to brokerage and slippage costs -
which helps.

Regards