GEN - Computers, Basics, Beginners

Realtraders:
1.  Thanks for all the replies to my HELP message, I think I have figured it
out.
2.  To make this an educational Thank you note, because it would take forever
to thank all, I would like someone maybe for the benefit of other new traders
who do not like me have a clue about computers and software, to make some
recommendations.
4.  When using Real Time say with BMI feed and TradeStation
            - should one have just a dedicated computer with no other
programs on?
            - how often should the computer be switched off, the harddrive
have 'defrag' and "scandisk" run]
            - in the software area, are there programs that should be
periodically run to maintain the health of the harddrive and all the software
running together, i.e. what preventive maintenance should the clueless
computer trader be doing?
             - is there a place for Norton Utilities in all of this?, or some
other software program?
             - I have Pentium/166/3GB hard/64 Ram/Windows
95/TradeStation/BMI?
5.  Please reply for the educational benefit of the clueless computer mob who
realize that having an edge in trading means using the computer effectively -
unless you are a good old fashioned paper chartist.
Edgar  Bbbazusa@xxxxxxx