RE: GEN Bollinger Bands

Micky, your ISP is rejecting this reply so got to paste it on rt.

Mickey, the problem at your end must be in the data.  Try the %b on the SPX
cash or the DSP7U and see if it plots OK.  When I first tried it on the
SP7U I also got the divide by zero error.  The only way that could happen
is if the upper band - lower band was equal to zero.  That just isn't
possible unless there is an error in the closing data.  This can happen
prior to and after the cash market opens and closes. At least with BMI data
this is true.  The proof of this was evident when I edited out the futures
data before 9:30AM ET and after 4:15PM ET.  Must be a problem with the out
of sequence trade reporting or compiling of the three minute bars from the
tick data.  Another line of conditional code could be added that says if
value 3 is less than zero then that data point is rejected.  The attached
chart has delayed data from BMI satellite  so the times will be different
from yours if you have realtime.

BobR

>Bob,
>
>I picked off the code you sent to the A. Evangelista, listed above, and
>tried it in TradeStation 4.04.00, Build 19.6, and had trouble with the %B
>code, specifically, the "Value4=(Close - Value2)/Value3;" line.
>
>I was able to verify it; however, the first time I ran it on a chart, I got
>the following message: "Incorrect Example: Value1=(C-0)/(H-L); Correct
>Example: Value1=IFF(H-L <>0, (C-0)/(H-L),1)".
>
>I then attempted to modify the line with the following: "Value4 =
>IFF(Value1-Value2 <>0, (Close - Value2)/(Value3,1);". I was able to verify
>it, and insert it on the chart, without any more error messages.
>
>However, I obtained the 0.00 and 1.00 lines without the %B line. There was
>no %B line tracking anything! I tried this with the usual S&P Futures
>3-minute chart I use, which contains the Bollinger Bands indicator, with
>Length=20, 2 StdDevUP, -2StdDevDn inputs. I also tried it on a brand new
>chart, with and without, Bollinger Bands being separately inserted.
>
>What am I doing wrong.
>
>Any help would be much appreciatred.
>
>Thanks,
>Mickey
>>>>>

><<<<
>

>Mickey
>drmick@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\%bSP7U.gif"