Re: use of Walt Downs triangles

Vince,

I'm glad you enjoy the posts.

There is actually very little literature available
on triangles as they are traded in the futures
market. The only source I have been able to find
is Curtis Arnold's book "PPS Trading", which will
give you a start, although I don't agree with all
of what Arnold has to say.

Don't use the book by Magee. While it is a
classic work, it's pattern analysis was
meant for the stock markets.

"triangle stomps" are part of the triangle trading
system I have developed called TREX.

I will post TREX calls as well as the usual stuff if
people are interested.

If anyone else out there knows of a good
statistical study on triangles as traded in
futures and commodities, pipe up. I wouldn't
mind having more grist for the mill myself :)

Walt Downs
CIS Trading