Re: why?

  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:25:57 -0800
  • From: wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: why?

Thanks all for the advice. Actually, every thing is running smoothly for me. Hashnums GV covers all my needs at this time but I have look at ADE.

I do not used charts for signals in trading, instead I use RadarScreen. It is in real time and can cover 100s of symbols. The problem in TS 8.x is RS can not handle large numbers of bars but I get around that by using a GV.

TS2000i has a bug that eliminates using weekly intervals in RS. I posted about this to omega-list on 3/22/2008 5:01pm. Namely, if a Friday is missing (read holiday) RS in TS2000i ignores that whole week but a chart includes it. For weekly bars in RS is creates a hole. To work around this I collect Friday closes in a 15minute interval RS. This gives 15minute resolution on weekly bars.

Until this moment this is the only way I could see to get 15minute resolution on weekly data using TS2000i RS but I just realized that "end of week closes" can be collected from daily intervals in RS and transferred by GV to a 15 minute RS which would need only a few 100 bars instead of 1000s. Sometimes the most obvious ideas are hard to see.

wayne