Re: why?

Wayne, try ELC/ELD indicator on a multi-data chart - the export can
update an excel file - seamless - and because you're just adding data
to the xls file you don't need yards of data on your chart - the results
you can use for any other study/strategy using ADE (All Data
EveryWhere).

Michael

w> TS 8.X RS does work for me but only by using a GV.

w> I am running an indicator on 150 symbols in RS using week Friday closes.
w> But I want to test at a finer resolution of 15 minute intervals. In one
w> RS I collect 8 months of Friday closes (made from 50 daily data) in a GV
w> (hashnums) and feed them into a 15 minute RS of 60 bars which require
w> 900 bits of 1 minute data from the cache in TS 8.X. Since only the last
w> (current) 15 minute bar is being tested this setup works for me.

w> What does not work in RS is trying to collect 8 months of Friday closes
w> for 150 symbols in arrays by using 15 minute intervals (every Friday is
w> 130 bars from its closest Friday). 5000 15minute bars are need  and TS
w> 8.X RS will not load these reliably  (evidently due to using 75,000 bits
w> of 1 minute data as there is not 5 minute data in the cache). For an
w> example see

w> https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=90237