Re: why?

  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:58:28 -0800
  • From: wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: why?

TS 8.X RS does work for me but only by using a GV.

I am running an indicator on 150 symbols in RS using week Friday closes. But I want to test at a finer resolution of 15 minute intervals. In one RS I collect 8 months of Friday closes (made from 50 daily data) in a GV (hashnums) and feed them into a 15 minute RS of 60 bars which require 900 bits of 1 minute data from the cache in TS 8.X. Since only the last (current) 15 minute bar is being tested this setup works for me.

What does not work in RS is trying to collect 8 months of Friday closes for 150 symbols in arrays by using 15 minute intervals (every Friday is 130 bars from its closest Friday). 5000 15minute bars are need and TS 8.X RS will not load these reliably (evidently due to using 75,000 bits of 1 minute data as there is not 5 minute data in the cache). For an example see

https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=90237

Cruz tried to sell me Radar Screen but I have no use for it.  So what
are you saying about it becoming unstable?  If you need it and it wont
do it then it is useless.  Correct?