Re: Why?

At 05:44 PM 2/17/2010, wayne wrote:
>2.) TS 8.7 does not have historical bid/ask data.

That is true and I have wanted it from time to time.

>3.) The RS in TS 8.7 can not stably handle large numbers of data as the RS in TS2000i  can.

I assume that you mean the number of symbols that can be loaded. Yes, that is occasionally a problem. But I am finding that the Scanner can preselect symbols fairly well so the 1000 that we can load in RadarScreen is usually OK. But I would definitely like more.

>TS 8.7 only collects 1 minute data and not 5 minute data as TS2000i can. Hence TS 8.7 RS needs 5 times the amount of data as TS2000i for the same time period. TS8.7 RS can not stably load 6 months of 15 minute data which is 50,000 bars of 1 minute data (it can hardly stably handle 3000 bars of 1 minute data). For TS 2000i RS this is only 10,000 bars of 5 minute. RS is suppose to load 65,555 bars of data. See link below on this matter.

I do not see why you need to load so many bars of data into RadarScreen. You only need to load the MaxBarsBack value plus whatever you need to initialize the variables.

That said, I can easily load several thousand additional bars of 60 minute data for dozens of symbols. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get it all downloaded, however.

Bob Fulks