Re[3]: Japanese Yen settings

  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 23:15:15 -0700
  • From: nevi <nevi@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re[3]: Japanese Yen settings

The little I know about Pavel Gelium's indicators.

To download his indicators open two browsers
In one browser go to http://babelfish.yahoo.com translate page
http://www.gelium.net/ from Russian to English.
In the other browser go directly to page http://www.gelium.net/
Find the indicators under Tools / Indicators and do the same in the
Russian page.
Click the download links on the Russian page (when I downloaded from
the translated page I got els flies that were corrupt)
Same for Tools / Gelium of Puls, download Puls 2.251.exe from the
Russian page.

To import the indicators I first created a folder Puls in Omega
Research folder, then when installing Puls 2.251.exe I set the
destination folder to my Puls folder, in it was installed Puls.els and
a workspace called trening.orw, copy that to your mywork folder.
Then I imported the els indicators from the Powereditor.

His indicators gp_Exit, gp_Plot, gp_Q, gp_SupRes, gp_Zone, all work
around the main indicator gp_Mount, for example all gp_Q does is plot
dots above and below price so all the text in gp_Mount is visable.
gp_Mount is like a ZigZag trendline indicator with text at each turn
point, the text gives the size of the last zig or zag, and there is
also a paintbar feature built in.

In Pavel's article "Benefit and the harm of the indicators of
proximate analysis."
He suggests that if the last 3 zig's consecutively decrease in size
and the last 3 zag's are increasing in size, this indicates a possible
change of direction.

The trening.orw workspace is interesting in that it shows a SlowD
weaving through the ZigZags and may be a help trying to figure out
what triggers Go1 to switch from 1 to -1.

I did work out a very basic signal from gp_Mount that shows almost all
the code in the gp_Mount indicator is the trendlines the text and the
paintbars with the heart of the code being in the gp_Mount function.
Despite the unorthodox import method I haven't seen or found a dll and
I think all the code is accessible in the indicators and functions.

This is my basic signal that shows where the heart of the gp_mount
indicator is.
Inputs: p1_Mount(160);
Vars:   Go1(0), m1_Go(0);
Array: m1_hs[3](0),
        m1_Ls[3](0),
        m1_hsBar[3](0),
        m1_LsBar[3](0),
        m1_Size[3](0);
Go1 = gp_Mount(p1_Mount, m1_Go, m1_hs, m1_Ls, m1_hsBar, m1_LSBar, m1_Size, h, l);
if Go1 = 1 then begin
if marketposition(1)<>1 and marketposition(0)=0 or marketposition(0)=-1 then
buy next bar at market;
end;{ else}
if Go1 = -1 then begin
if marketposition(1)<>-1 and marketposition(0)=0 or marketposition(0)=1 then
sell next bar at market;
end;

best regards
nevi