Re: Windows 7 & TradeStation 2000i

  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:40:37 +1100
  • From: "Mail4Mel" <mail4mel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Windows 7 & TradeStation 2000i

Similar to my experience as I recently installed TS2000i on my Acer 1810TZ
ultraportable that is came with windows 7 x 64bit installed. I have not done
any windows updates as genearlly try to avoid these. My main desktop is
running windows 2000 SP4 and at this stage cannot see any reason to upgrade
it.

I did not bother with any compatibility mode and did a normal install from
the SP5 CD as I initially wanted to see if it would work. The installation
went flawlessly and quickly and from memory much shorter than on my desktop.
I installed it for EOD testing on some strategies etc while away from my
desktop. So far it is working fine and have not encountered any problems. I
have had the same result with Metastock v10.0 (which I only use for stock
explorations) which I was told would not work and would need to upgrade to
v11.