Re: TS2Ki: Floating point invalid numbers in calculation

  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 17:55:10 -0800 (PST)
  • From: alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: TS2Ki: Floating point invalid numbers in calculation

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009, DH wrote:
In my experience, most of those kinds of errors are due to bad data, especially if you're using ascii data. Example, your code uses c/c[1] and your data has a c of 0. Or, maybe more common, the ascii data has dates and/or times out of order which really confuse TS. When I was using a lot a ascii data, I always loaded it in excel and ran some simple routines to find and delete obvious errors.

I would be surprised if Pinnacle EOD data contains errors as you describe.

Following your suggestion above, I just checked the US Dollar Index reverse-adjusted history file that I'm working with now (and with which TS generates an error). I found, for the full history since 1/2/1986:

- zero instances of dates out of order
- zero instances of close = 0
- zero instances of low > high
- zero instances of open or close outside of high-low range
- one instance of open = high = low = close, on 8/1/2008

Looks okay to me. Did I miss anything?

-Alex