How to get the time or symbol in a .txt print file name or file append file name.

  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:44:00 -0500
  • From: John Bowles <johnbowles@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: How to get the time or symbol in a .txt print file name or file append file name.

Hi,

A friend has both MultiCharts and TradeStation and he runs them on the same computer. I am writing an EL script for him and it writes out to a .txt file. I use MC which can take take variables in the print statement as I show below but according to my friend when he tries to compile this on TradeStation he gets compile errors. It seems real strange that TS can't take variables in its print statement file name. Is there a solution to this? How about the FileAppend statement? Can it do this? I want current time so I can stop the output in both programs and restart it again with a new file name for fresh output.

Thanks,
John.

   Path = "C:\ALog_Whatever_" + BarType + BarSize + MySym + CurrentTime;
   PathForStats = Path + "_Stats.txt";
   PathForDetail = Path + "_Detail.txt";
   PathForRaw = Path + "_Raw.txt";

           Print( File(PathForStats),