(teaching discretionary systems) Re: Protecting intellectual property

  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 12:44:18 -0400
  • From: John Bowles <johnbowles@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: (teaching discretionary systems) Re: Protecting intellectual property

Hi, I have not had any time to read this post (I have been capturing the posts hoping to have time to study them later), however I have a question.

What about someone like myself who has a good discretionary trading system, may want to teach it later when they get too old to trade (rather than just teaching my daughter), has lots of PNG picture files on market observations and rules of their system, and are thinking of allowing access to these with support using a password to protect them (in other words only those with the password can get them on their screen over the web). I am thinking that the interactive brokers password device could be used to block password capture viruses and I doubt this can be cracked. However I am thinking that the png pictures could probably be captured in memory via software even though standard picture save is blocked by the html language.

Other than this, approach a publisher and actually get those PNGs in a book somehow but that is a lot more work and a lot more costly I figure.

Thanks,
John.