Re: account with Interactive Brokers

  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:43:02 -0400
  • From: altroad1212 <altroad1212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: account with Interactive Brokers

I have used them for years and have had no problems. I canceled my account after 1-2 years because I thought I found a trading platform I liked better. I was wrong. I was back with IB two months later. There were no surprise fees when I canceled. There is nothing wrong with their trading platform... I don't even remember why I considered another. There are front ends for the platform if you want something different but I've never needed them. The only complaint I have is that if there is a problem on their end with order placement... like maybe servers are down or whatever...(which I can only recall happening once while I was in a trade), you might wait for what seems like forever while they handle others in queue... others that hit speed dial before you did. If you have account at another brokerage you should be able to basically offset the trade until IB can close it out or the issue is resolved...

I would have no hesitancy recommending them IB to friends and family... and have done so.

SC wrote:
I an considering opening an account with Interactive Brokers,
Can anyone tell me Do they have hidden fees or charges when closing an
account with them?
Thanks
SC